music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My clothing addiction may have gotten out of hand. I'm willing to admit it. My mom has never understood why I always buy used clothing (or in her opinion "weird" used clothing) but a lot of it has to do with the fact that I can buy so much of it for so cheap.. It's constantly recycled in and out...

Today I went to Garment District, and though I wasn't feeling too hopeful at first, I managed to find:

gauzy summer dress (which I cut cheesy beads off of), scarf, yellow nightgown, yellow wrap sweater, airy flowered white wrap blouse, sparkly black v neck sweater

(this was all in 1.50 a pound, so it cost me $3)

Then I went upstairs and scored a perfect kaki trench, another scarf, a white and blue striped summer dress, and my pride and joy, a black summer dress with polka dots and flowers (with built in bra.)

I'm strongly considering clearing out my storage closet to make room for more clothes. it's bad.

Friday I went to see Lykke Li and El Perro Del Mar with Laura, Gabi and Matthew. It's the first time I've been to a sold out show at the middle east upstairs in a very very long time.. the show was great and let out by 12:30 or so, so I headed to Enormous Room with Gabi and Matthew where their friend was DJing.. we danced and drank and went to a party near davis, even though it was far to late and I had drank far too much to go anywhere.



Hunter came back from NC last night so I went over there and watched him play GTA. Ahah just kidding. Sorta.

Today I met up with Laura in Harvard for May Fair.. which meant we could eat fried dough without feeling guilty. I did feel a little sick though. We walked around for a bit and looked at the jewelry booths and whatnot. We went into Mint Julep and I fell in love with a $250 dress that I can't possible afford. Ahh a good Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home