music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, April 27, 2008

About 10 people just took over the living ten minutes ago for Caitlin's filming,  so now I'm holed up in my bedroom with the door closed. Oh hermit.

Yesterday I surprised Hunter and took him to the Sam Adams Brewery.  By "surprised," I mean that he guessed it as soon as I told him we needed to go to Sullivan Sq. Station.  By "took him" I mean that I came up with idea.  The tour was free. I spoil my man. 

Anyway, they crowded a ton of us into a room and showed us a video.  And then they told us about hops and barley and had us taste/smell each. Then they showed us the big vats they make the beer in and blah blah blah, finally we got to taste it.  We were all jammed into the tasting room, and they pasted around pitchers of the lager, summer, and hardcore cider.  Each person got their own little 7oz glass to taste from and they gave us instructions on how to "taste" a beer.  Then things started to get rowdy.. there was a group of young Spanish tourists that, after one beer, began various chants at their table.  Once they were done, everyone would clap and cheer.  It got so loud in there that other employees came in to see what was going on.  Pretty nuts for 1 in the afternoon.

Here's the owner of Samuel Adams.  He has the best job ever.  He has pictures of him drinking beer with famous people like Brad Pitt and Michael Dukakis. 


On our way back, we saw a gas station that said this:


I'm not sure who Stan is.

We met up with some people later in the evening, and Pete and Cat (and eventually Adam) came over to my place so that the boys could watch basketball. We also decided to watch SNL for the first time in years, which was of course terrible. We also discussed the possibility of going to Maine this weekend, if all goes as planned.


The poster version of our Whores in Love? photoshoot is done. They're going to rip it up as they're filming today. It's pretty funny..



Proof that spring is mostly here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home