music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, April 05, 2008

I woke up from a bad dream at 8:30ish this morning and rather than follow my instinct and flop back over into sleep, I remember "OH SHIT, NEW TOY!"

Yes, the Macbook has finally arrived in all its pristine white glory. When the Fedex guy walked into the office, he asked why I was making weird eyes at him. Sir, the eyes were for the computer.. ohhh the computer.

I've already videochatted with Doug and played too much with photobooth and starting stealing music from the internet and look! I am blogging!

Here is a picture of me looking a little busted this morning but wrapped in my newish comforter (thanks Martha Stuart!) and staring creepily at you.


Last night I went out to ye olde Paradise with Laura, Gabby and Matthew to see The Honeydrips and Jens Lekman. I enjoyed The Honeydrips (or as it was, one dude who looked suspiciously like someone I'd seen singing to himself with a pizza box on the bus to Allston) but wasn't motivated to buy any music.. and what I've downloaded today was only so-so.. Anyway, Mr Lekman came out... no matching uniforms this time, only a key on a string that they each wore. And no horns section (sad.) All in all it was a good show, but I do wish he would change up the setlist a bit more.. And no matter how sincere he might sound, I suspect that last night's show was "special" just like every Jens Lekman show is "special." Anyway, I might be able to do with seeing him that last time and the time before at PA's.. I dont know if he can much better than that. REGARDLESS, it was a good time.

Afterwards Laura and I walked back towards her place and got a slice.. I waited for the bus for a while but then worried I would be waiting all night, so I jumped in a cab. The cab driver was wicked chatty... He asked me about my night and introduced himself and shook my hand. His name was Jamal. I told him my name was Jennifer. I enjoy chatting with cabbies SOMETIMES, but man.. just get me to Harvard Sq already!

Anyway.. it's the weekend, so I'd better go weekend it. My bedroom is a neverending disaster. I'm going to a clothing swap next week so I need to take this "getting rid of stuff" thing a little more seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home