music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ok ok ok. Quick update before I have to clean my room and run back down to Union Square for dinner with Nate and Luke.

On top of my dead computer, our internet went out, so I've been miles away from writing in this damn thing. Also, my Flickr Pro account elapsed, and I haven't taken any new pictures anyway, so everything's snoring and boring.

I started the new job two weeks ago and am settling into my duties there. So far it's been a fair amount of QA and content management and looking at the Ukranian language. Since the Boston office is so small, I don't have a lot of co-workers to get to know, so I've been spending most lunch breaks wandering around the area by my office. We're located right between Chinatown, Downtown Crossing and right by the Boston Common, so there's lots of exploring to do.. lots of people to look at and lots of stores to spend my money in when I get off work. Ah it's blessing and a curse. I am hoping to spend my lunch hour in the park once the weather gets nice (slowly but surely.)

New roommate is a good dude and his presence has already shifted the aparment in a positive way. Nothing like someone offering a (good) beer as soon as you get home from work!

Our Valentine's Day fondue dinner was.. interesting. The beers were delicious, but the food was slightly hard to come by, so we spent most of the two hours in the front room of the Independent drinking the Dogfish Head.

Movies I have seen recently: Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Gone Baby Gone and 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 Days.

Also, it must be mentioned, that ironically, as I step into my new position, Hunter steps out of his. Both him and Nate were laid off from Choicestream on Friday. It wasn't entirely unexpected, but that didn't make things any easier. Hunter plans on taking it easy for a bit and the upside of this is that he'll be able to go to Italy with his family next month and do a few other things that he didn't think were possible before. I told him that this whole thing is payback for him supporting my miserable job hunt.. But I have a feeling that he'll deal with it a bit better than me.

Today's my mom's birthday. She's in the mountains naturally.

That is all. Send me emails.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Calley said...

I heart your mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home