music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, January 25, 2008

It's been nearly a month since I properly blogged. Ye Olde Mac Computer decided to jump ship completely, so I can't lay on the couch bloggin on a Sunday afternoon like before. I am hoping that :
1. A magical free computer will drop out of the sky.
2. I will get a nice check from Mr. Bush to buy a new computer (because I can help the economy by supporting an already profitable company.)
3. I will get an extremely high paying job that will pay for a new computer, and a trip to Italy.

Touching on that whole job thing... my time with CBE officially ended two weeks ago. I wish I could say it was a clean and easy break, but in reality it was a lot of confusion and ill-communication as my division was split into new companies. I was the sole casuality I believe.

But it's all for the best (really) and I've been keeping busy with resume-sending and interviewing and temping.

My current temp work is on the 28th floor of a building downtown, and I can see all of Boston from the conference room windows. It's only a two week gig, but it's a great one. I'll be sad to let it go and be thrown back into the abyss...

Other than that, let's see.. I've been reading a fair amount, although nothing that has been that incredible (sorry Anthony Bourdain.) My latest purchases from Amazon have been books on flipping houses and American architecture.. I also have two marketing books on the way. I figure that with all these learning materials, I'll be rich and famous in a matter of months. Ok.. maybe not rich, but definitely famous.

Charm School is dead.. We gave it a try and it didn't work out. Oh well...

We're getting a new roommate next month. His name is Jon and he's from Portland. We'll see how it goes!

Here are some pictures from New Years and from Great Scott:

MICHELLE




NEW YEARS
(rawr)






My blogging stamina is way down. I think I'm done for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home