music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The absolutely worst thing about looking for a job is having this time to sit here and stare at my inbox and my phone and just wait wait wait for someone to respond. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the holidays and everything was moved into slow motion. I'm not expecting to hear anything from anyone until into the new year and the thought of that makes me chomp on my nails and bite my lip non-stop.

I saw Sweeney Todd last night with Cat and Andrea and her friend Peter. I really liked the movie. I might even say I loved the movie. I went into it knowing very little about the plotline (and none of the songs thank goodness) and was very very pleasantly surprised. I could see how it would all unfold on the live stage and be just as thrilling. I've been out of the musical theater loop for quite a while, so this really brought me back in. I want to see Les Miserables again dammit!

Tonight I am going to see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones at the Middle East. It should be very entertaining and I'm excited in a "there's going to be lots of funny Boston locals to observe" sort of way. Plus it'll be one of those shows to bring me back to my 16 year old self. I doubt it will be as satisfying as watching Less Than Jake from backstage with Eric Christiansen a couple years back, but still. Plus Doug Blake is in town and I can't really remember the last time I saw him. It may have been June. I really really really hope there's lots of skanking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home