music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, December 21, 2007

Last night I took advantage of the (mostly) empty apartment to try out a couple of the recipes I had learned in class last week. I turned on some music and went to work on some sweet potato fries with seasoned greek yogurt and the cauliflower & leek soup. It didn't go AS smoothly as I hoped, because I forgot the rule of not adding too much liquid to the soup (if it's too thick you can add more later).. My soup was too soup-y so I had to boil some of the water off to get it the right consistency. Eventually it was, and it tasted pretty spot-on. I was able to find some white truffle flavored olive oil which wasn't as powerful as the real thing, but still did its job.

The sweet potato fries filled some void that my body had (iron? B6?) so I'm glad I have two more potatoes to eat. I seem to be lacking in some vitamins.

Today is the last day of work before "vacation." Even though my friends and family will be dispersed to various parts of the country, it'll be good to have some time to be alone and focus on getting some things taken care of. Important things like painting cute animals on pieces of paper and taking long baths. Important things like visiting my neglected friends at Great Scott and staying out too late. I think I'll be okay.

I saw today that Mason Proper's going to be in Boston in February. I haven't been good at keeping up with them, but they have a new EP on the way. I'm not even sure when the last time was that I saw them.. Spring? Gahh.

It snowed about 7 more inches yesterday. We're up to a grand total of around 2 feet I think. The backyard looks like a big white pillow that needs to be jumped on. This is starting to feel like Winter 2005 already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home