music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, December 03, 2007

Boston had its first real snow this weekend. I celebrated it by eating a bunch of nicely prepared food. And buying some new clothes. So now I'm chubs with nice clothes. Curse you winter and what you do to my metabolism!!!

Anyway, Hunter's family was in town this weekend. Friday we had dinner at Henrietta's Table, which is one of those restaurants that has its own farm to grow vegetables and cows and make its own beer. I had this homey-sounding selection: Anson Mills Stone Ground Organic Grit Cake, Sauteed Mushrooms, Roasted Tomato and Flageolet Bean Ragout. And then Hunter and I shared Henrietta’s Chocolate Bread Pudding Sundae: Caramelized Bananas, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Chocolate Sauce, Whipped Cream, and Nuts.

Yes I am writing about food agaain.

That night I met up with Nate, Caitlin, Elinor and Aaron for the Union Square Round Table's Birthday Celebration. Pa's Lounge isn't a huge place, but the room was packed and spilling out the door. Fire codes were broken, laughs were had. We saw the following perform: Ben Dryer, Nick Branigan, Steven Derocher, and Keira Horowitz, Eugene Mirman, Caitlin Roy, Chris Braiotta, Sameer Naseem, TD Sidell, and Michael Brodeur. The #1 most funny was Eugene. That is me stating the obvious, thank you.

The next morning was a trip to good ol' Brookline to introduce the Hunter fam to Zaftigs. The restaurant pulled out all the stops this time, even providing an hour-long wait for an authentic Zaftigs experience. Brunch was delicious and provided us with enough energy to brave the parking complex at the Prudential Center.

That night was our final stop, a fantastic meal at Olives in Charlestown. I was a little unsure of what to expect, since Todd English is one of those "celebrity chefs" and I hadn't been too impressed with Mario Batali's restaurant in NYC.. But Olives was great, even if our waiter reminded us of Martin Short's character from Father of the Bride. The chesnut ravioli was delicious, as was the greek salad Hunter and I shared.. and then there was the dessert of all desserts.. the cookies and cream. I literally felt like I was gonna die. 4 kinds of warm cookies, 3 little scoops of ice cream, a chocolate brownie and a chocolate cupcake. Ohh my.

Yesterday I took my birthday money from October and hit up H&M and purchased some black wool sailor pants that might remind me too much of gwen stephani. And two sweaters and and shirt. Very responsible clothes. Clothes that can be worn to work.

And that's it my friends. No pics, no crazy stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home