music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The last time I saw Jens Lekman he was late for his own show and told the audience that he was walking around admiring the city. By that time we'd already been standing around forever and I wasn't really ready to forgive him. But, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Lekman won me back last night! And it only took an hour and a half! Last night's show at the Paradise was so incredible that I'm still sorta floored.

We were sorta close to the back, so there wasn't much I could do as far as taking good photos, but I got this one:



Anyway, as much as I wish I could remember all the songs they played in order, I can't. Welcome to my memory. He had 7-piece band of six women and one male DJ. There were strings, trumpets, flutes and an all-band dance breakdown. There were two encores. His disconnected his mic accidently at the end and the sold out Paradise was so quiet that you could still hear him address the crowd to thank them. There was lots of cheering and stomping and head bobbing and me singing harmonies under my breath. Thank you for restoring my faith in your live show Jens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home