music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Today is October 6th and it is currently 78 degrees outside. It's supposed to get to 84.

THIS IS NOT NATURAL!!!!

It was an interesting week for various reasons. The biggest reason shall not be mentioned here. Gladly it's over. Glady some synagogue in New York is going to have a new resident soon.

I saw the High Strung, for one song. Saw Dr. Dog for a few more than that.

Last night we saw Darjeeling Limited. It wasn't my favorite Wes Anderson film, but I will give him credit for making it a feast for the eyes (ughh did I really just type that) as usual. After a quick dinner, we headed to Allston for the Pill's 10 year anniversary. I have been Allston about three times since I moved, and I have to say, I really don't miss it. It has its charms of course, but I think my love and dedication to Somerville will run deep and forever. Anyway, the room was packed and we saw a lot of friends. I drew Tim the bartender a birthday card. The Red Sox won. Someone turned green and passed out on the sidewalk. Ahhh...

Hunter and I went to Johhny D's for their "jazz brunch" where I had the most amazing french toast (and some so-so grits.) Today in Davis Square is the festival of activist marching bands (???) so there was a bunch of dudes wearing dresses and playing the tuba. Regardless of the spectacle, I have a soft spot in my heart for marching bands ( oh Mr Williams!) so we stayed and watched for a few minutes. I didn't know there were so many activist marching bands in existence. We saw at least four.

My birthday is in two weeks. ahhhhhhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home