music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, September 15, 2007

I just spent 20 minutes moving all the living room furniture into the middle of the room. Painting time!

Last night I ended up going to the Puma store on Newbury as a favor to Greg. Vice was sponsoring and he needed a "point person" there, which I half-heartedly agreed to do. When I arrived the organizer Mike basically told me to take advantage of the open bar, so I grabbed a beer and spent the next two hours people watching and listening to the DJ. Not the most exciting time of my life, but I got to meet the Dewers rep and was able to talk to him about Charm School and the possibility of having them sponsor some time. Ahh networking.

After bailing, I headed to Inman to meet Hunter for dinner at Ole. We'd been meaning to check it out for some time, and apparently so had everyone else, because the place was packed. We grabbed a drink at the bar while waiting for our table (great mojito.. reminded me of the ones at Havana in Austin.) Once seated, we ordered some of their fresh guacamole (they make it at your table!) and were wondering how we were gonna be able to eat dinner too... but we did.. most of dinner anyway.

GUACAMOLE EN MOLCAJETE
Award winning guacamole, prepared fresh at your table,
served with warm crispy corn tortillas 9

CHILAQUILES VEGETARIANOS
Baked chilaquiles "Lasagna" with spinach, grilled corn, chil e poblanos,
mushrooms and cheese on creamy corn puree. 19

ARRACHERA
10oz. Adobo marinated grilled skirt steak with frijol es charros, grilled scallions,
three salsas and handmade corn tortillas 19

My "lasanga" was delicious. I felt guitly for not finishing it, but the appetizer + mojitos had made me incredibly full and quite tipsy. That goes for Hunter too. We were a funny pair.

After we finished, we went back to Hunter's and watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which is some hilarious show they have on FX apparently. Fell asleep after that. Pretty perfect Friday night.


So today is painting and cleaning. Tomorrow is IKEA (!!!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home