music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Why hello there blog.

I've been on "vacation" since Wednesday, and by vacation I mean not going to work and instead driving around New England with my mom. We've been in three different states in the last week. Well NH doesn't really count, but still. Many hours in the car. Many times of pulling out the map.

Tuesday I took mom to the new Addis Red Sea in Porter Square cause I figure nothing says "Mom, look at your cool daughter living in a city" like Ethopian food. Watched a movie, fell asleep.

Next morning we got up and drove to Essex, MA which is apparently the antique capital of the United States. Or maybe just New England. Regardless, I think they should rename it the Capital of Overpriced Antiques. So much depression glass though. Amazzzinggg.

Here is a picture that I took in Essex


That night we met up with Hunter in Harvard Square and went to Wagamama, which probably isn't the best restaurant for first-meeting conversation. Still, it went well. I sorta figured it was when they started making fun of my unhealthy vegetarian diet together.

Thursday we drove about 6 hours total. The first hour was from Somerville to Sturbridge Village, where I took a lot of pictures of farm animals and my mom's cell phone went off during the dude's explanation of how they made buckets in the 1800's.





After we were sick of the smell of cow manure and dirt and NATURE, we went to Worcester and Leomister to meet up with some of mom's friends.. Then it was on to Old Orchard Beach, where we arrived at the Aloutte at about 11pm. The place was a ghost town... but in the morning, we disovered how awesome it actually was...







7 miles of beach, about a million seedy motels and an amusement park. Hello dreamland. I've started talking about going back next summer and spending a weekend drinking bud light and wearing a day glo bikini. It's seriously incredible.

The next stop was Camden, Maine, which sorta made us wish we'd stayed in Old Orchard Beach. Camden was cloudy, but we took some naps and mom at a lobster for dinner.




And then it was back to Boston. We went into the city, where mom bought me an early birthday present, which is the greatest coat ever with a collar that, if buttoned correctly, makes me look like a vampire.

She left this morning and I spent most of the day with Hunter and Pate, who's in town from Raleigh. We went to Good Times and played video games and drove go-karts and sorta got addicted to the bulldozer game.

Dont want to go back to work tomorrow, but I guess someone's gotta make some money around here.

As of this weekend, H and I have known each other a year. This makes me happy.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Calley said...

Awwww :) As I was reading I kept hoping you'd have a mother daughter shot on here. Very heartwarming. I heart your mom.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

i figured you would like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home