music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's been one of those weeks. I remember that I did a lot. Something like 3 job interviews, 1 doctor's appointment, 2 parties, 1 cooking class and 1 movie. There's more that I'm missing, but let's dig in.

2/3 of the job interviews were for a job I didn't end up wanting. 1/3 was for a job I do want, badly. Crossing my fingers. I won't find out about anything for a few more weeks, which may kill me. In the meantime, I keep looking.

Party #1 consisted of Hunter's chili, some whiskey, country music and several of his coworkers. Party #2 consisted of Pete, Cat, christmas party snacks and Adam's mysterious red liquid.






Movie was Juno. It was cute and I even laughed at the same time as other people in the theater.

Cooking class was excellent. Here's what we made:

Sweet potato fries with mint aoili (made with greek yogurt)

French lentils with carmelized onions and oven roasted brussel sprouts


Roasted Cauliflower and Leek soup (with white truffle oil)

Mushroom oatmeal risotto

I think I'm going to make the lentils and soup for Christmas Eve dinner. Still trying to figure out a good side dish (or main dish, with lentils as a side) to finish it off. I just purchased a hand-held blender so that I can make the soup.

I also made a trip to the Garment District and dug into the dollar a pound. Found a pair of cowboy boots, a long grey wool jacket, a sea foam green foofy dress, a neon pink sweater, neon green tights, and a tablecloth.. all for about $15. I think I did a pretty good job.

Oh and it snowed this week. A lot.



Brooke is in town. Then she leaves and everyone leaves and I spend my first Christmas in Boston. At least I will have my blender to keep me company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home