music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, December 07, 2007

I got approximately 3.5-4 hours of sleep last night. If I were still 19 or like 21, this would be no biggie. I would skip class and spend the morning sprawled in bed. But noooo 26 year-old me is yawning and carrying on.

Last night was weird. We found out that our non-existent roommate Dan is moving out (fine.) I've only seen Dan once since we moved in. The potential of having a real fourth roommate is a little weird to me still.

So I went to Faneuil Hall. To Hennessy's. Watched some bands. Drank a couple beers. Then, when Mako came on, my personal space was invaded by a girl wearing leopard print and too much perfume. She asked me (over the band) if I was alone. I told her no and pointed to Hunter on stage. She then said something like "awww you're in love" and I replied "...yep.." Then she asked me how to dance to Mako's style of music. I told her that you didn't usually dance to it. She tickled my chin a few times. I didn't know what the hell was going on. Later, she came by and kissed my cheek. In the bathroom she told me she loved me. She was not a lesbian, she was just drunk. Sometimes there is a fine line between those two things.

After the show we went out to the van and the boys loaded the equipment. Unfortunately when Hunter went to start the car, the battery was dead. We ran around in the 22 degree weather at 2am looking for someone (anyone)with jumper cables. Finally a cab driver with three teeth helped us out. I connected the cables like a greasy mechanic. Then we drove everyone home and got lost a few times. Ahhh.

This whole thing has been written like a 9 year-old so far. "I like books. They are fun. I read them a lot and they are fun."

I have a job interview on Monday in Charlestown. Charlestown is a really lovely place (Bunker Hill! Slanty streets!) but it's sorta in a weird area that I'm not sure how I'd get to every day. It's a position in HR.

Next week is super nuts (King Kahn and BBQ Show, interview, Hunter's Country Time Chili Cookout (ahahaaaaaaaaaa) Cait's screening, Charm School, cooking class, Nate's Holiday Party, Pete and Cat's party, Brooke's coming into town... my oh my oh my oh my.)

5 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could explain this line of thought: "She was not a lesbian, she was just drunk. Sometimes there is a fine line between those two things."

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

clearly i'm saying that all lesbians are drunks and all all drunks are lesbians. what did you think i was saying?

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like an angry drunk lesbian to leave an anonymous comment.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad this was all cleared up because I had assumed that you were suggesting that someone had to be drunk to be attracted to you.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Beast said...

oh come on. they'd have to be A LOT more than just drunk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home