music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, December 22, 2007

"They" always say that when you grocery shop, you should have a certain percentage of fresh fruit and vegetables vs. packaged food in your basket. While I know this rule, I never really stick to it, because I love snack food and cheese and things that are bad for me. It's been like that since I was a kid. The amount of quesadillas and popcorn I ate was ridiculous (Brother can attest to this.) That being said, I was very proud that when I went to check out of Star Market today, my basket was 90% vegetables, 10% dairy and 10% diet coke. Not bad? I bought butternut squash, yellow onions, brussel sprouts (for xmas eve), cauliflower, leeks and cream. More soup will be made today! I will have soup coming out of my ears by the end of the weekend.

Last night was Hunter's last night in town, so we decided to test out his newly purchased Rock Band. Given my suckage at Guitar Hero, I was a little hesitant to try out Rock Band, but after assembling the "drum set" and whatnot, it was a pretty good time. I even made it through "I Think I'm Paranoid" once (that was after he saved me twice.) The vocals are super easy, but sadly they don't give you high scores for singing the harmony you made up to Say It Ain't So. I'm thinking that if develop my hand-eye coordination through Rock Band, my life will improve greatly. We'll see.

Soup time. Tulsa tonight (maybe.) I also need to create my Top 20 list for the year. I was struggling to make a Top 10, but then I remembered a bunch of decent records that I want to include, so it'll now be 20.. or somewhere around there.

Ahh anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home