music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My computer is trying to try. It's been trying extremely hard since yesterday. I refuse to let it. Mostly because I can't afford to fix/buy a new one. Stupid stupid technology.

It's Christmas, so Merry Christmas. I'm sitting my bathrobe and Court TV is on in the background. By the way, Court TV is still making the switch to Real TV on Jan. 1st. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with out my default channel. Ugh.

At around 6pm on Saturday I called Carl. He picked up the phone saying "yeah yeah I'll bring headphones." So he did, and I DJ'd for the first time in months and months and months. It was the perfect show to do so (Deer Tick, Wonderful Spells, Mean Creek and Tulsa) and all of my favorite GS people where there, even Tim the Doorman. Sometimes I do regret that my beloved bar is so far away, but I suppose it makes the times that I do go there a hell of a lot better. Less "going to work" and more "going for fun."

Sunday was uneventful except for some grocery shopping and whatnot. I also attempted to spend part of the Amazon gift cards given to me by Brother and my dad. I've already purchased 2 pairs of shoes, a copy of Kitchen Confidential and The Abstinence Teacher and a couple other things. Shopping online ain't really my thing, but I'm trying to work with it.

Last night was the big(ish) Christmas Eve dinner that I prepared for most of the day. The weather yesterday was incredible and reminded me of what winters in Boston aren't THAT bad.. we got two feet of snow and all but then yesterday it was sunny and warm. Anyway, Nellie, Austin, Matt, Danielle and Galen came over about 6pm and we completely overstuffed ourselves. Matt works at Formaggio Kitchen, so he brought over all sorts of insane cheese, including a four year old Gouda. We ate it with bread and the arugula salad with tomato and goat cheese that I made. Next we had the cauliflower and leek soup, followed by lentils with brussel sprouts, garlic green beans, Nellie's quiche and "Melting Eggplant." Dessert was Danielle's pumpkin crumb cake. As soon as everyone left, I fell asleep on the couch. For like 3 hours. And then went to bed. Gahh.

Tonight I'm supposed to go to Austin's for pizza making.

Work tomorrow? Oh my. I'm not even sure what's going on with my job and where I'll be working from in a week from now. Aint' the holidays lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home