music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I am typing while eating a French chocolate bar called Flake. Flakey chocolate and a white computer probably don't mix.

Hunter made it back last night, in the midst of one of the weirdest im conversations I've had.. with Hunter's im. At some point in Paris, he had gone to an internet cafe and signed into aim there.. Apparently, the computer saved his password, because there were several times that he was signed in while he was supposed to be flying on a plane or out to dinner.. it was strange.

me: Can i ask you something?
him: go ahead
me: why are you using my boyfriend's im name?
him: why not
me: well.. because it's his?
me: how did you get it?
him: you dont have to know
me: are you in an internet cafe?
me: i'm assuming that's it
him: not really
me: you're not really in an internet cafe?
him: i'm drunk
him: in my friend's house
me: ok..

It went on like that for a while. He said he was in St Michel in Paris and was 28 and an art designer. He wouldn't tell me his name. Hunter managed to get home and change his password and discovered that the guy had also posted something on craigslist looking for ladies.

So yes, he made it back in one piece.. pretty wiped out, so I haven't heard all of the details yet. He brought me back french soap from his mom (on an adorable French Cherie plate in a canvas bag with my sign's (libra) characteristics, which of course are charming, romantic, balanced and sociable.) He also picked me out a pear-shaped murano glass pendant. Loryn had sent me murano glass from Italy a long time ago when she lived there, but I lost it. This is a completely different shape and style.. different specks of colored glass laid in a silver material.




I think perhaps I need to go to Europe.

Looks like I will be going to Montego Bay, Jamaica in June... I forget the name of the place we're staying, but it's absolutely gorgeous.. and even though it means that I'm going to REALLY wip my ass into bikini shape, going to Jam is gonna be incredible. There's nothing I love more than laying around on a beach all day.

Spring is almost here.. I saw buds on the trees on my way home. I bought some forget-me-nots and alyssum to plant in the pots on our porch. I've never tried to plant flowers before, so we'll see how this goes..

I've been downloading all sorts of music in the last day.. Lykke Li (so good,) Futureheads, The Kooks, Cut Copy, Jonathan Richman and tons more. Feel good to be back!

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Calley said...

Jealous!!! What are you going to Jamaica for?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Beast said...

so i can get my hair beaded and braided, duh..

it's for Hunter's bro Garrison's high school graduation trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home