music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Friend-since-Ridgetop Nellie recently put together a two piece band called Dr + Mrs Van Der Trampp. Nellie sings and plays xlophone, shakers and a big drum. On Friday night they played at the Zine library in Harvard. It was great. Nellie and I were gonna start a band once. I'm glad at least one of us followed through!

Here are some blur pics:




Yesterday I found some amaaazing vintage plates at Goodwill, as well as some serving bowls and pilsner glasses.. Plus this amazing light blue and vintage lace backrobe (I am lame, yes.) Later that day, Laura, Hunter, Dom, Nellie and her bf Nate and I went and saw Tropic Thunder.. THe place was crowded, so we couldn't all sit together, but the movie was funny, and I defied nature by laughing out loud multiple times.

After the movie we grabbed a drink at Kingston Station and then went to Chinatown to the dumpling house I used to frequent when I worked nearby. The food was killer and we were a bit comatose by the end. Been a great weekend so far..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home