music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but a couple of birds built a nest in this hanging candle holder on the porch.. I assumed they'd laid some eggs, but it was too high up to snoop. Then this weekend, I got confirmation, and of course took way too many pics.




Friday after work I rushed back so that I could go meet everyone at Delux before we headed to see Dark Night.. The theater was packed, so we sat in the very front row, which was.. interesting. I'm not a huge comic book person, but the movie was entertaining, albeit a little long. Heath Ledger was pretty incredible, and stole the movie. I'm not sure how he managed to make the character of a psychopathic clown believable, but he did it.

Yesterday was Reid's 21st birthday, so we took him out and used it as an excuse to drink really girly drinks like "birthday cake" shots and a scorpion bowl. I can't remember the last time I got to celebrate someone's 21st birthday, so it was fun taking him around to various bars.. like when we were at Charlie's and the group of people next to us started cheering for him and cheersing his birthday.

I think the hot weather is making everyone crazy.

Here's Reid finishing up the scorpion bowl, which is probably the nastiest drink ever invented to go in an oversized cup.


I won't lie, I've been in my room most of the day with the AC on. I like nice weather but not 94 degree weather where you can't breathe. I'm such a whiner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home