music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, July 06, 2008

It's fairly impossible to take decent pictures of fireworks.. or at least it is for me apparently. I was hoping to wow you with photos of the "incredible" Boston light show, but to be honest, after the first few, there was so much smoke that you couldn't see anything else that was happening.




The beginning of the day was spent on the back porch of Dominic's Uncle's house in Charlestown.. Bunker Hill is literally up the street. Dom has a huge family, so there was quite a party going on. We came armed with store-bought cupcakes and jarred salsa, but that was abandoned by the amazing spread they had.. Roasted veggies,
caprese salad, homemade cheesecake.. it was endless. Once it got late, we walked down to the Charles (along with everyone else in Boston) and watched the explosions. After they were done, the crowds were so insane for the T that I ended up walking the 45 mins home. Ridiculous.

Last night I met up with Laura for dinner, dessert and drinks. We tried out this newish tapas place in Harvard called Small Plates.

Japanese Eggplant Cow’s Milk Feta · Pine Nuts · Tomato Basil Sauce

Blue Cheese Raclette Seared Tomato · Fingerling Potatoes

Warm plate: Brie · Port Soaked Apricots, Grilled Polenta · Braised Leeks, Fresh Fruits, Muhammara · Crostini

Everything was good, although the Blue Cheese Raclette was a little intense, even for me. I'm not sure if I prefer it over the place that Hunter and I used to go to in Brookline, but it was decent.

After, we decided to go to Finale and stuff ourselves with dessert..

Caramel Carnivale II
Bittersweet caramel mousse layered between crisp
puff pastry, accompanied by glazed mixed berries,
served with chocolate caramel sauce

Boston Cream
Finale’s version of the famed dessert featuring yellow
cake, cream and chocolate. Also includes chocolate
whoopie pies, a vanilla gelato sandwich with cherry
almond Florentines, apricot sauce and fresh fruit

We dragged our big bellies to Central sq after that, with the intention of going to Soul-le-lu-jah, just ended up at River Gods instead, makin jokes and laughing really hard.

That was pretty much the weekend. I also bought some new shoes and a couple books and got hit on by a creepy guy with long hair, who I then needed to insult because he was such a douche. Also, a drunken man asked Laura and I if we'd ever shot a handgun. I won't even give details of the man in the seersucker suit. Boston is a grand place.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Calley said...

pretty much all your encounters beat my one 911 call. And stop talking about food, you're torturing pregnant people you know! (as I eat M&Ms for breakfast).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home