music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hunter is back from NC and brought Pate back with him. We spent Friday eating pizza and getting to bed early, so that we could go to Six Flags in the morning. We picked up Laura in Allston and headed to mysterious Agawam, MA. Every state has depressing little towns and cities, and Agawam was a choice example. Closed businesses, busted signs etc. But ohh, there was a glorious amusement park.

I'm guessing we picked the busiest day of the year to go, because there were people EVERYWHERE. Let me get the bitching out of the way before I get to the goods.. Ok, so Six Flags is divided into the amusement park and the water park.. you can't store your personal items while you go on rides, so you gotta rent a locker, which are like $11 each for the day. Also, you can't be in the amusement park area without your shirt/shoes etc. Soo... if you want to go to the waterpark, you have to get a locker over there. The thing is, there's not enough lockers (they sold out).. so you have to either hope your stuff doesnt get taken, or just not go to the water park at all. And the water isn't heated. And it's like being trapped in a giant tank of mating seals. Or something.

Anyway, I wasn't a fan of the water park. We managed to go on some rides, about 5 total, after being there from 1-7pm (did I mention the large amount of people?) The BEST ride was of course Superman, Ride of Steel, which brought you up 280 feet (or somethin) in the air and then dropped you down the hill almost all the way before oyu went up and down another. There were moments where I literally felt like I was suspended in air. I was screaming like a girl, it was so delightful.

Long day, we were all exhausted and had half-conversations at THe Independent before we parted ways for bed.

This morning Pate, Hunter and I went to The Neighborhood for breakfast. Best brunch in the summer.

I joined Muxtape.com and put up a mix.. You can just click on the first song and it'll play all the way through. I dont have the best itunes library still, but I picked out some tracks I've been listening to a lot.

I'm going to Baltimore in a couple weeks and Toronto a few weeks after that! Also, visits from Tricia and Mom.. and maybe a few others things.

1 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Calley said...

That water ride sounds fierce. And since the "big rides" at Wild Waves scare me, I'm pretty sure I could never stomach something like that. But, I am excited your mom is visiting. And I expect a blog post about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home