music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, July 28, 2008

It's apparently birthday season (again), so Friday night was another soire, this time at the Washington Sq Tavern in Brookline. The birthday boy was Channing, Hunter's very talented photographer friend. We stayed for a couple hours, chatting with people, including Delia, who lives in LA and did costume design for No Country for Old Men. I got to ask a few questions like "how do you know when the shirt is just old looking enough?!" as well as hear old theater nerd stories from her and Hunter's high school years.

We popped in to Publick House for a late late dinner with Dom and then headed home.

I woke up early Sat and did some work and showed the apartment to a late-40's man who was strange. Luckily he said his furniture to fit in the room so I didn't have to do the evil task of telling him he wasn't the right fit. I hate craigslist sometimes. I got a response today from two people who felt the need to mention how attractive they are. Umm..

Caught up with Eli on his quick trip through town in the afternoon and then spent the rest of the night watching some scandalous episodes of Californication, which strangely, isn't about Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Sunday I went out in the rainstorm to find presents for Hunter since he's up on the 3rd (as is my dad).. I was walking around Boylston texting him that he's impossible to buy for (which he is) but I think I did ok.

He's going to have some people over for his bday and I'm gonna make some tapas.

Ideas so far:
Muhamarra (a dip with roasted red peppers and walnuts and stuff)
Bacon wrapped prawns
Char-grilled artichokes
Spinach and chickpea stew
Spicey Kabobs
Mussels with ham, pepper and tomatoes
Guacamole (his request, because mine is the best)

Obviously I dont eat meat, so I wont be able to taste half of this stuff, but we'll see what happens.

Oh and just because, here's a picture of Hunter with his shirt unbuttoned. THE INTERNET IS FOREVER



I've been seeing some interesting things on my walk to work, and I'm considering carrying my camera to capture it all. First off, when you live in a city, you see squirrels, those stupid brown birds that bathe in dirt and pigeons. That's about it. Littleton is the wilderness as far as I'm concerned. Since starting work there, I've seen a hawk, a bunny, 10 species of mushrooms, canadian geese (ooo,) a deer, huge moths, dragonflies.. You name it. It's like living in the NW all over again. There's also a shooting range right by my office, so it's nature + corporate + guns. What a combo.

Anyway, maybe I'll take some shots tomorrow on my stroll. I've started singing and talking to myself outloud. I'm not sure I should have this much alone time. The train conductors don't even check my pass anymore. I just sit in my seat engulfed in a book and they pass on by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home