music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

When You Wasn't Famous

There's a lively discussion about Scott's run-in with Sufjan happening on Stereogum right now so I thought I would share some of my "famous people" stories that, oddly enough, all have something to do with SISTERS. It's theme week here on my blog.

When I was a kid I was good friends with Caitlin Hererra, which means I spent a lot of afternoons at her house playing Mike Tyson Punch Out and discussing her crush on Macaulay Culkin. Her brother Mike didn't start
MxPx until later. I think she hated my guts by then.

In another "I knew their sister" story, in 6th grade I was in the Bremerton Community Theater's production of Inherit the Wind. I shared the part with three other girls, including someone named Megan Gibbard. I didn't figure out until college, when my friend was roommates with her, that Megan Gibbard was Ben Gibbard's sister. Since parents tend to force their kids to support their siblings, I'm guessing that I can say that Ben Gibbard saw Inherit the Wind. That means that he watched ME perform. AHAHHA!!!! Thank god I've resisted the urge to bring this up to him at any point since.

In 11th grade I flew to Hawaii for a couple weeks with my friend's family and spent many days burning my skin on the beach. During one such afternoon, I was scanning the hot dudes (not really) throwing a football around by the water(also not true) when two familiar faces walked by. Thinking that I was staring at them, one of them said a friendly "hello." After they walked by, I realized it was none other than SISTER SISTER. Not sure if it was Tia or Tamera though. Celebrity lives are so glamourous.



I've exhausted myself.

Things I've been doing:
Nearly setting ZuZu on fire with Laura's birthday candles.
Dancing + bowling + DJing + drinking water to compensate for the drinking of booze

Things I've been listening to:
Birdmonster
The Long Winters' new record (which is SO SO SO GOOD)
Sound Team
Gnarls Barkley
Figurines
Dirty Pretty Things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home