music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Now 100% More Fun

One of the saddest things about no longer being in school is not being able to celebrate those little milestones like finishing finals by selling back my books and using the money to buy a bottle of champagne and spending the afternoon drinking it on the porch while wearing a cowboy hat (ahh what a great day that was.) Luckily, Laura's around for me to live vicariously through.

Last night I met up with Laura and Eli at Peet's Coffee in Harvard Square, where Heather was finishing up her shift. We headed over to Shay's and settled into a table for next few hours, wine a-flowin' and beer a-goin'. Over the course of the night we managed to rack up $88 dollars in food and drink, analyze Laura and Heather's dating habits, talk about AIDS and bird flu, discuss old friends, cheer Laura's decision to stick with Boston, protein folding and more.

p.s. waitresses don't seem too interested when you get excited about them playing The Weakerthans in the bar and don't really care that they're playing Boston in July. But OH MAN WEAKERTHANS IN JULY!!!!

p.p.s "It's like the Ghostbusters, but with cheese" "It's like the transverse vs. the vertical"

We left Shay's for The Middle East (cause you know, it was still early) and along the way Heather and Laura managed to fall/launch onto the T-stop floor and L-train did a few pull ups in the T. I let the girl sitting next to her that "SHE JUST FINISHED HER FINALS. SHE'S IN GRAD SCHOOL."


I've been listening to
Girl Talk (aka Greg Gillis) a lot lately. I was sent the latest record by noneother than Justin Spindler who promised that I would love it. And I do. Every track is a clusterfuck of short samples layered on top of eachother, so one minute you're listening to "Holla Back Girl" on top of "Friends of P" and then it's "My Humps" over "Heartbeat." Right now it's "Yeah" with "Milkshake" interupted by "Tears of a Clown" and "Pump Up the Volume." I think my brain is melting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home