music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Give Me a Break!































How great is John Stossel? I mean really. When I used to spend most Friday nights huddled in front of the TV watching 20/20 and shoveling popcorn into my mouth, I was always impressed with his gusto. He's the sort of reporter that gets in the VP of Frito Lays face and calls him out on his bullshit. I figured out that ABC has transcribed some of his segments for your reading pleasure on the internet...

"And you know that when it comes to some of these serving sizes, it's time to say, "Give me a break!" "

"But some politicians say we should import the bureaucratic mess Ontario has created?
Give me a break. "

"Fighting for freedom is one thing. But freedom doesn't mean you own your job. Give me a break"


Absolute genius! This man deserves to be put in a golden chair and paraded around like a prized pig. Can someone please buy me his book?

It's Wednesday and it's rainy, therefore I decided it was questionable fashion day. I'm not a big fan of the "boot fad" that's been happening lately.... But I did allow myself to pick up a pair that Aimee had found for me in dollar-a-pound. I'd worn them once until now. They'd been buried in my closet but I dragged them out, figuring that the extra heighth would give me the elevation needed to avoid dipping my whole sock into a puddle. On top of wearing the boots, I decided to try out my flying squirrel shirt as well (another dolalr-a-pound find.) Outside of its awardly winged arms and extra fabric around the waist, the shirt is fantastic with a high collar that buttons up the side. So who knows. Maybe this was just adventurous fashion day. Maybe tomorrow I'll wear leggings and Uggs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home