music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I was just in CVS and the zipper of my dress broke. It wasn't a surprise - I got the damn thing used at the punk rock flea market and it hasn't exactly been dependable. The problem was that the entire back of the dress was now open and I was out in public with grandmas buying their Bounty paper towels and dads pushing their babies around in strollers. I asked the pharmacy if they had a bathroom I could use and explained the situation. They looked at me blankly and told me no and pointed me in the direction of the Gap next door. I hate people sometimes. Like really really hate them. I want something embarassing to happen to them just so they come to me for help and I can just laugh and shrug and say "I DUNNO, TRY THE GAP."


This week was over-the-top busy with radio show recording and dinner making and potetial roommate meeting and goodbye party attending. And now it's about three days until I head to NC. Hunter's leaving in an hour. I have a list of things to accomplish before I leave. It's already 1pm. I want the weekend to be longer.

I stole a bunch of new music from H. Stuff I have heard a little of or none of or just didn't have on my ipod.

Amy Winehouse
John Vanderslice
The Rentals
Grand National
ELO
Helium
Mika
Rihanna
Sondre Lerche
The National
White Stripes


It's my day off and all, but I dont feel like doing much. I've been doing stuff all week, now I just want to lay around in my room and not talk to anyone. Maybe watch some Louis Theroux and secretly wish he was my friend.

Last night when I got home from work there was a line around the block for the flippin Iphone. I know this is slightly hypocritical because I have a Mac and an Ipod and blah blah blah, but why the f--- would you spend $500-$600 on a phone? And why is it so essential for you to spend that much money on a phone the FIRST DAY it is available? Is it bragging rights? I'm convinced it's shit like this that's the reason why everyone in the US is in debt. Don't tell me to watch the iphone commercials. Die die die.

BBQ at GS tomorrow. Must remember to bring Scrabble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home