music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, June 10, 2007

My mom ran a half marathon today. I feel like a lazy pile compared to her. She's -- years old and is out there running around like a racehorse while I daintily read People magazine on the elliptical machine. Is it wrong to want to compete with my mother? ahaha. Jokes! I am proud of her. Every time I talk to her she's doing something else.. floating down the Yakima river, building something in the yard with rocks, cross country skiing, looking at X-rays of a lady with an axe in her head. What a gal.

I went to a lot of shows this weekend (well two) starting with The Long Blondes on Friday. They were enjoyable but not mind blowing. The lead singer danced around like I do when I'm alone in my bedroom playing Lead Singer In A Rock Band, except she didn't have to use a hairbrush as a microphone. They were sincere and fun and said Great Scott reminded them of some of the pubs they used to play in the UK, except "there's baseball on the telly."

Last night was The Veils, who were alright except for their lead singer being a nutjob and screwing up a song a few times and spending the remainder of the evening wrapped in blanket. The best part of the even was the Ed Mcmahon looking old man that was in the audience that seemed to know everyone. Hunter and I declared him Mayor of Great Scott and tried to figure out ways to meet/become friends with him. He was wearing wearing this white suit jacket and was just soooo cool. Aghhh. I'm being serious here.

I'm listening to the new Via Audio record. It is good. Oooo.

Brakes Brakes Brakes/Pela show on Thursday!

Flag Day is on Saturday. Hunter and I are rushing for the bus as soon as he gets off work on Friday and heading down to NYC and staying at an undisclosed location.

Look who I took a picture of like some jerkface tourist:

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Calley said...

And can I say I love your blogs. And your mom too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home