music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Yesterday I had a meeting that I had to dress up for in the morning. So I did. Heels and all. In 90 degree weather. I did pretty well at first, I don't think I looked too disheveled or like I'd just walked throught a rainstorm (read: sweatstorm.) Those heels were a bitch though. Humidity mixed with stiff material rubbing= ehhhh.

But I brought shoes to change into. Nice lazy day slip ons. Or I thought I did. I mean, I brought one of them. So I was stuck with the heels. Just for the walk to the T and from the T to my apartment. Not that far.

I managed to make it, albeit with a large blister on each ankle. I was close to crying in pain, but I made it. My heel was ripped open, I put a bandaid on it.

Then I tried to go to sleep last night. My ankle was burning. I was literally writhing in my bed crying for it to stop. It was too late to go to the drug store. I took some aspirin. I wondered if my entire foot was going to turn green and fall off. All I wanted was some fucking neosporin! Magical, magical neosporin!

My question is, since I didn't remove the ripped skin of the blister, is it just going to absorb back into my body? Cause I tried to take it off last night but it would not remove itself from the wound.

I'm being gross right now and it's only 7am. There's a puppy at my feet.


Last night I stayed in to watch Roger. Woo hoo hoo, another Friday night in. I bet you're starting to worry.

I'm thinking of making an escape next weekend. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home