music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, May 11, 2007

Hooligans!

I am currently listening to The Tough Alliance, who sorta sound like what Of Montreal would have sounded like in the 1980's in Sweden.

From Wikipedia: "Their live shows have also been given much attention in the Swedish media when they often swing baseball bats on stage and sing to recorded music. Their critics claim they glorify violence in general and hooliganism in particular, something The Tough Alliance denies. During a show in Stockholm, Sweden, the two band members were thrown off stage after swinging a baseball bat."

Weird pop + baseball bats= magic!

They also share my love for dolphins (thanks H)


Last night was dinner at Taberna de Haro on Beacon (can't find the menu online, so i'm guessing on names)

Queso de Cabra: goat cheese and tomato on bread
Chorizo somethingorother
Lightly braised eggplant, peppers and onions with poached egg.
some sort of deep fried haddock? with paprika
Sangria

Sorry my explanations are not that great..The place had a nice atmosphere and I think I'd go back and test out a few other things on the menu. I got to admire a skinned animal leg from where i was sitting! Nice walk from my apartment on a warm night. Ooo.

Drinking Sangria reminded me of when Kate Lebo used to make her own during college.. Perhaps I will do the same this summer and then drink it in the kiddie pool I am forever planning on putting in the alley.

Tonight I'm seeing LCD Soundsystem at Avalon.

My first radio show for RadioYou will be played on Wednesday, May 16th from 10am-2pm EST. I think you can listen at www.radioyouboston.com. I swear they'll get better! I'm gonna be recording a new one every Monday night.

Stream episodes of Wonder Years here

Don't forget your mother(s) this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home