music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Flip Flop

Every few years I like to imagine my life as a snowglobe and take it in my hands and shake it like crazy and see how everything falls.

Three years ago (as of June 17th!) it was my move to Boston. Now it's this new adventure where I'm timidly learning to sign my emails "Kind Regards" and say "FYI" and "per ______'s request." It's a fun little game right now and I feel like I'm winning. I can feel my brain starting to lurch forward. Ahhh.

I fly to NC in a week an a half. Eep!

Last weekend Hunter and I took the bus to NYC and found ourselves at the Dream Hotel with their fake bedroom window and blue lights.



We only really left once, to drink copius amounts of beer at Flag Day.







While fully intending to meet Nika at 11 after a brief 9pm nap, we didn't wake up until the next day. This is why beer should not be drank in the afternoon.

Note to self: When ordering a cheese sandwich, always order the "open-faced" option because otherwise you will end up with about a 1/2 pound of sliced cold muenster in huge rolls between two slices of bread.

Thursday night I went to the sold out National show (one of two) at the Middle East and was pleasantly surprised to have been given "all access" wristbands from the label. So we got to watch it from the side of the stage, which was awkward but AWESOME. We spent a good amount of time trying to decide if Matt Beringer was drinking straight whiskey from his beer cup (hopefully.) The show was great (but they didn't play Lit Up!).. and I stood there wondering what it must be like to go from respected and slightly well known band to all over the place band with 5 sold out shows in NYC. It must feel good. And slightly confusing.

I will try to blog more. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home