music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happiness Writes White

It's been a self-imposed Week of Nothing this week. Which pretty much means I stay home from shows/bars/stores/the general public and get myself together after a couple weeks of more-than-usual socializing.

The Weeks of Fun were exceptionally great. Lots of staying out late and dragging myself to work in the morning, lots of good meals and good friends and feeling a little mushy about things sorta coming together. There's been three birthdays in the past 2 1/2 weeks. Actually four, if you count The Plan's third anniversary.

After this week, things will be in full swing again. Carl's birthday BBQ is Sunday, followed by the Page France/Canada show at GS. Lights-of-my-life Justin Spindler and Brooke Black will be in town for the night and the next day there's plans for a group trip to the beach. Mason Proper will (finally!) be in town the next weekend with Faces on Film and The Sharking, and then there's shows from Figurines, Tapes N Tapes, Cold War Kids, Smoosh, MY SHOW WITH BIRDMONSTER, THE TALK AND AGE RINGS, The Lashes and many more for the rest of June and then I get on a plane back to Seattle for a week.

As it turns out, I'll be in town for Suicide Squeeze's 10th Anniversary Celebration.. which means there'll be some extra special people in town... Namely Lindsey from Merge, Luke from CITR, Derek from CJSW, Justin from CFUV and possibly Eric from KCRW. I have a feeling my mom is going to be upset with me for having way too many things to distract me from family time.

Heard some great news recently from two of my most loved bands..

First, Jay of Light Footwork said he's working on some remixes of songs from their album Red State, Blue State... which I am dyyyyyying to hear. Not only that, but they're planning on hitting the east coast in the fall if all goes as planned. We've already been brainstorming ways to throw a great "CMJ warm-up" show in Boston. I'm sure they'll be more details soon.

This morning I got a myspace message from Mr. Sean Nelson of Harvey Danger letting me know that with the re-release of Little By Little through Kill Rock Stars, the band would in fact be hitting the road.. Now I've been lucky enough to see them the last two times I've been in Seattle, but anyone who comes to The Plan knows how often I throw on their music (umm sometimes more than one song a night.. umm sometimes multiple songs in a row.. baaaad dj!) and how much i would die if they played on Great Scott's stage. So I'm crossing my fingers. Perhaps you should do the same.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After this week, things will be in full swing again. Carl's birthday BBQ is Sunday, followed by the Page France/Canada show at GS. Lights-of-my-life Justin Spindler and Brooke Black will be in town for the night and the next day there's plans for a group trip to the beach. Mason Proper will (finally!) be in town the next weekend with Faces on Film and The Sharking, and then there's shows from Figurines, Tapes N Tapes, Cold War Kids, Smoosh, MY SHOW WITH BIRDMONSTER, THE TALK AND AGE RINGS, The Lashes and many more for the rest of June AND I'M GOING TO STAY AT NIKA'S HOUSE (JEEZ FINALLYX10,000) AND IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING and then I get on a plane back to Seattle for a week.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, that didn't work out very well. pay attention to this part:

"AND I'M GOING TO STAY AT NIKA'S HOUSE (JEEZ FINALLYX10,000) AND IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home