music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Lust

I've been a wee bit better about not going crazy shopping and trying to shove more clothes in my closet the last couple of months, but I sorta fell off the wagon today.. It was totally worth it though!

Cat, Aimee and I drove out to the Salvation Army in Haverhill, which may sound like an odd reason for a road trip, but when you're trinket and clothing collectors like we all are, it's very exciting to go to a thrift store that isn't picked over like they are in Boston.

We only had an hour, but I managed to find a glorious sequined butterfly shirt that really fits into Hunter's belief that I like collecting old lady things from the 80's. I really couldn't pass it up though. It's spectacular!



I also picked up a great dress which I suppose is a mumu, but with a belt, it work quite well!


I picked up a couple sweaters and some white/grey slingbacks will have to wait until spring.

Then we headed across the street to an antique store.. they were closing so we only had a bit of time, but I found a great white metal birdcage (that is now on my bookcase,) a like-new Banana Republic button down polka dot shirt and a couple of other surprises.




After we'd had our fill (well actually, the stores closes) we came back and went to Market Basket, where I picked up supplies for tomorrow's Chili Cook off at the Abbey. I won the last one, so there's a bit of pressure! I'm going to be cookin beans at like 9am tomorrow morning.

Last night I hung out with old roommate Jon. We hadn't seen each other since he moved, so it was good to catch up. We ended up at Shays, where some of his bike friends came and hung out. I've never seen a group of people talk strictly about bikes for over an hour. Like laptops out, discussing spokes and tires. It's times like these that I entertain myself by playing "what band is playing over the stereo right now?"

Hunter's in San Francisco until Wednesday - wandering the city on his bum knee and texting me about all the nutty things he's seeing. His dad is getting there tonight for a conference, so they'll be hanging out for the next few days... Then he comes home and we leave for Maine on Friday with his mom and step-dad. I'm looking forward to the trip - the place we're staying is beautiful and has a big ol' tub to soak in. It may be a little rainy, but it'll be a good escape.

I'm flying to Toronto for work the week after that, but for less than 10 hours. Ridiculous!

But for now, I'm heading to bed, so that I can deal with the beans in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Calley said...

Holy shirt. Only you could pull off a Golden Girls style like that :)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Beast said...

oh man, i almost thought you swore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home