music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

So my Mom came to visit. We were only in Boston for a night, where we had dinner at Rustic Kitchen with Hunter. I had some crazy asparagus marscapone tortellini. Kick ass!

Anyway, the next morning we piled in the hideous rental and drove down 93 toward the Cape. Along the way we decided that yes, we would stop at Plymouth Plantation. I don't know what it is, but I have a deep love for recreated colonial villages. Plymouth is especially good because all of the people in the "museum" pretend like they have no knowledge of the modern world. They all have elaborate stories about coming over from England and workin the field. Amazzzing.

The village:


Romantic hay bed.



Goats:


Mom hanging out in a pilgrim house.. which is about the size of my room.. and would have housed an entire family:


A bull in a field


Then we went to the "Native" side of the museum, where the people weren't in character but knew tons of history and cool things like how Pilgrims women only showered 4 times a year.

The rest of the week was spent teaching me how to sew, walking on beaches, eating foods and whatnot. SOOO many tourist boutiques.

Here's some pics









Sunday we stopped in Sandwich on our way home. They used to make a lot of glass in Sandwich so we went to the Sandwich Glass Museum. Dorks!






My ma got me a sewing machine for my (early) birthday and together we made this skirt. It's not finished yet cause I have to handstich some stuff, but it's on the way (and wrinkled.) I have ideas of other things to make but since I dont really know what I'm doing, it'll be slow going.



So now it's back home and back to work.. Hunter's cousin Jordan is coming for the long weekend, so we'll be showing her around. There's lots coming up in the next few weeks, and I'm especially excited to go to NYC for the tail end of CMJ so that I can track down some old faces and hug them to bits. Yesss.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Calley said...

FINALLY. You know I've waited for this :) Did you get a new camera? I love your pictures. And you've inspired me to finally open my sewing machine. I got it two Christmases ago and all I've done so far is stare at it.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Beast said...

Same camera.. it's just sometimes I am able to take the time to mess with the settings to take better pics..

The bottom photos I took with my mac, which is why they're grainyyy.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Mama Megs said...

Hey I've totally been to Plymouth Plantation too-small world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home