music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last night was the Belgian Beer Fest, and unlike last year, we managed to try a beer from every brewer (sometimes even more than one.) To be honest, there was no one stand out beer for me (last year I loved the Wolaver's Wit Beer made with coriander and orange peel.) The selections from the Global Beer Network were def the best overall. There was a stand out TERRIBLE beer.. The Allagash Interlude. I typically like Allagash beers, but this made me want to vomitron all over the floor. It literally tasted like a barnyard. I also discovered that although I don't like sour beer, expressing my distaste put a sad face on at least one brewer. I just dont like drinking a warhead in liquid form!

It was a good time, albeit a bit noisy and dizzying. 1,000 people in a space with bad acoustics and lots of crazy beers is a little overwhelming. Also, I was very sad when they ran out of the waffles like two people in front of us!!

Afterwards, we decided to go meet Josh at Cactus Club where he was finishing up his shift. Perhaps we should have just gone home, but it was early and we were feeling a bit goofy. We went to the Other Side and Little Steves and eventually piled ourselves into a cab.

My mom is coming tomorrow for a week. I'm working Mon and Tues and then we're driving out to the Cape on Wed. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do with all that time, but she hinted at wanting to take a 22 mile bike ride. And sewing lessons. And probably bonding.

The next couple weeks are a bit nuts. Hunter's cousin is coming to visit in two weeks, and then it's my birthday and then.. ok I guess there's not THAT much going on. Hunter's mom and stepdad are coming up the second week of November and we're going with them to Kennebunkport, Maine for the weekend. The place we're staying is an adorable old mansion.

I finally picked up the book I bought a few months back on American house architecture styles. As nerdy as it is, I'm really interested in knowing stupid things like what a saltbox style vs. a cape cod style... so the book has been really informative!