music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I went to New York over the weekend to catch the tailend of CMJ. I jumped on the bus after work and made it there by 1am, just in time for the SubPop/Suicide Squeeze/Merge party at Hi Fi. There was tons of familiar faces, even if it took a double take or two for people to realize it was me. It'd been a couple years since I'd seen a lot these people, so there was a lot of catching up to do.. Especially with my one and only Omar


I also finally got to meet his fiance!


I stayed with Brooke and some of her Euro friends (from far away places like Norway!) Henning was with us the most, showing us youtube videos and getting really into Sparks.



------- whoa mom just called while I was writing, and now time has passed and I don't care anymore.

ANYWAY we ate perogies, I saw some bands, I was shocked that Dungen wasnt a metal band, didn't sleep enough, saw Maria and heard about Paris, made fun of things with Doug and Canada and admired Caleb's sweater.

Pics





The leaves are almost done changing here.. I remembered my camera on my way to work a couple weeks ago..





The pictures don't really do it justice, but I promise it's pretty.

This week has been a little weird.. my company did some layoffs yesterday, so I was a bit on edge. Luckily I'm safe, but I feel guilty in a way. I don't have anyone else depending on me, and I don't own a house or car, so it was tough that some of the people let go had bigger responsibilities than just payin their rent. Everyone seemed to take it in stride and I'm guessing most will bounce back pretty quick. Hate hate hate that stuff though. Gahh.

I bought my tix for home tonight.. WA from Dec 20-28 and then NC from 12/28-1/6. Hunter will be in NC, so I'm flying down so we can be together for new years. We're planning on getting some friends together and going to the beach house... Then we'll be driving the van back up to Boston (hooray 13 hour drive.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home