music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hunter took me out for dinner for my real-life birthday (as opposed to my weekend birthday) last night. He picked out Ten Tables in Jamaica Plain, which is a restaurant with . . . TEN TABLES. I had read about it before and had always wanted to try it out, so it was an excellent choice... Especially because they have a vegetarian tasting menu (rare) which happened to be delicious.

I started out with the waiter's recommended drink: PASSIONFRUIT AND GINGER TOPPED WITH CHAMPAGNE. He and Hunter decided that I should have champagne because it was my birthday. The chef also sent us an amuse bouche, which was something like cold beet soup with a frothy topping.

1st course:
LOCAL BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CRÉME FRAICHE AND NUTMEG

2nd course:
ARUGULA AND FRISÉE WITH LOCAL MCINTOSH APPLES, GREAT HILL BLUE CHEESE,
SPICED PECANS AND CIDER VINAIGRETTE

3rd course:
This wasn't on the menu, but it was a square of au gratin potatoes and some farro grain.

4th course:
SEMIFREDDO WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE AND PINE NUT BRITTLE

I am not typically a dessert person, but the semifreddo made me want to diiiiiiie it was so good. We paired it with some dessert wines and it was a great end to the night. The waiter even stuck a candle in it! wahhh!

Overall it was a nice low key night with my mannnn. On top of the dinz, Hunter also got me a gift certificate for a 45 minute massage at Oasis in Inman. Also, he and I get to go sit in a hot tub at the spa at some point. It's called a "private soak for 2" which sounds sorta creepo, but I know will be very amazing when it's 10 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground.

This blog was obnoxiously written. I apologize. It's been a crappy day.

I'm leaving for NYC in a couple days for CMJ, which I am very much looking forward to. Over the next couple weeks I may or may not be in Toronto, Kansas City, Kennebunkport ME and Baltimore. It's all up in the air (except ME).. Time off for home has been requested - Dec. 20-28th... and if all goes well, I may be in NC after that. Gonna be krrraaazzyy.

love.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Calley said...

You either are a menu stealer, or you have an incredible memory. I'm excited for you for your massage and your one lovers soak. I'm glad you had a stellar bday my pet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home