music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I decided some time early in the week that I wanted to throw myself a birthday party and have my friends over for some foods and drinks.. so that is what I did last night.

White bean puree
Olive and Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade
Cucumber Sandwiches
Spinach, feta and goat cheese stuffed wontons
Guacamole
Cheese fondue

People started showing up around 8 and we hung out until the wee hours of the morning. A few people I see anymore came by, and I admit I got a bit giddy having my friends around having a good time together.

Also, my dears were so thoughtful. Nell brought me some basil infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar that she says is as thick as syrup. Aimee brought over some red wine from the northwest. Alysia and Leigh gave me a gift card, Laura found an amazing vegetable cookbook, and an adorable pink and grey striped skirt.. and Cat gave me soaps from Lush (that I can smell from across the room,) a pearly clam mirror and a magnifying glass necklace. Everyone was so thoughtful and I loved it all (so thank you!)

Cat even made me cupcakes! I was finding neon frosting on everything this morning.





Hunter got in my closet twice last night. I'm sure not why




I busted out the automatic inflatable boobs that Mel had sent me a couple years ago.








People started trickling home at some point and we watched some It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia before bed.

It was a good evening and this morning I scraped dried fondue off the floor and washed like 20 glasses and put out piles and piles of bottles out for recycling.

Tomorrow (the actual bday,) Hunter is taking me to Ten Tables in JP. They have a vegetarian tasting menu that I'm looking forward to trying out.

Woohoo I am almost old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home