music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Boy oh boy oh boy. I have that full body swimming exhaustion and it is AWESOME. I was just talking about how I missed all of the lakes in WA (sooo many lakes).. then Andy suggested a trip to Walden Pond, about 20 mins away. I've never been.. I looooved it. There's not a bunch of beach room, but we found a spot about a half mile down and jumped in... and stayed in for over an hour. I love swimming. Have I mentioned I love swimming? Cause I do. I turn into a 10 year old and make motor boat noises and do handstands & somersaults and float on my back with my ears underwater so I can't hear anything. Best best best way to spend the afternoon.

Not my pic, but a good visual


Yesterday I had a BBQ in ye olde backyard.

roasted red potatoes with mustard vinaigrette, greek yogurt and green onion
chipotle beans with cilantro & gorgonzola
Marinated chicken legs in jerk spices (it's fun making meat dishes when I can't taste what it ends up tasting like.)
hamburgers/veggie burgers

Jim brought sangria, Vib and his friends brought chips, Kim brought Flavor Ice (no one seems to know what otter pops are here...)



Laura enjoying the chickensss


Karen's face is an A++


Not sure about THESE faces.


View from the blanket


People eventually started trickling home and we pulled everything inside.. and then it started pouring.. Pouring pouring... so we made Scott and Laura makeshift raincoats.


The remaining few went to Newtowne to meet Lauren. We staying for a bit, and then on the walk home, we came across this little gem on the sidewalk.. and promptly situated it on the fence to leer at the passersby
\

Vibhu then decided he wanted to create a person. I dunno. It was late

(that is his new tshirt with his "spirit animal" (don't ask))

Andy is scared/in love??



I got the best new the other day - my friend Josh from Bham is gonna be in Boston next week! I haven't seen him in forever and he's one of my favorite people ever. Those are the phonecalls I enjoy getting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home