music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, July 05, 2009

I bailed on all plans today. Was supposed to get brunch with Gabi and dinner with Vibhu, but instead I chose All Day with Bethany. Bed lounging with bad tv. I haven't been taking much time to myself lately. I'm doing some reflection.

Thursday night Gabi convinced me to go to JP for "ladies night".. which is just a bunch of girls I'd never met eating food and mixing cocktails and eventually taking "crazy face" pictures


Everyone was super nice and I got to try flame grilled pineapple.

After that we went to Make It New and danced out the rest of the night. I still can't fully commit to this whole techno wave that's taken over Boston, but I suppose trying new things is always encouraged.


I had Friday off and Doug got in about noon. We took the train into the city and walked along newbury. We settled on Cafeteria for lunch.. a leisurely 2 hour lunch of people watching and whatnot. Next we took advantage of the rooftop deck at Baseball Tavern, where we met up with Mike.


Eventually we headed to Allston to meet up with Justin and Patrice for dinner at Zocalo Cantina Mexicana (Groupon!!) Dinner was delicious, definitely want to return. We ended the night at Patrice's and on the dance floor at The Pill.

The 4th of July was spent in Medford at Glen and Anne Marie's. They have a great condo, and were once again awesome hosts. Nate, Laura, Andy, Luke and Erica were all there - plus many Bang Camaro members and whatnot. They set up outdoor karaoke (best idea.) I saw Mariah Carey's Fantasy. Luke sang back up.




Laura cut off her hair and it looks adorable!



Andy and I got into an epic game of Ice Wars, which basically consisted on pouring ice from the cooler down each others hair/shirts/faces. Nate slapped me a couple of times. We're all good healthy functioning family.

So yes.. after all that fun, I just want to be quiet today. My ideas have been changing about how to handle this weird point in my life - grad school ideas have been circulating, wondering how long things will come together for nyc, wondering how to handle this strange single-person world. I feel I'm spinning my wheels a bit. Oh life.

On a less heavy note, Eli recommended Dent May to me last week, and I love it. Album gets an A+



Not sure what's going on this week. Going to try to make it a bit low key. Petrol tomorrow to start.. Maybe a dinner party on Saturday. Gotta sort that out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home