music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Before I even knew I'd need to get out of dodge, Jon convinced me to go camping Saturday. We drove out to Mohawk Trail State Reservation, about 2 1/2 west of Boston and set up camp at a sweet site. Reminded me Staircase in WA. We set the tent up as close to the river as possible. World's best lullaby.




We took the Mohawk trail up.. which was only 1.25 miles, but was straight up. Brutal brutal.




Here is me looking like an a-hole Bret Michaels




Everthing is ridiculously green


After we got back to camp, we read for a while on some big rock in the river and then starting putting together some dinner


Lots of fire staring. Then I rolled into my new sleeping bag.

We didn't hang around too long in the morning, but we did stop here on the way back:



It was a quick trip, but good to get some fresh air and walk in a river and smell like a campfire.

No brain clearance though. Wonder how to make that happen.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Calley said...

You just can't get away from the gourmet, even when you're camping!
And I love camping by the water. Which is why I heart Neah Bay of course.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Beast said...

well for the record, the corn didn't cook through, so we just threw it on the fire.. and my veggies were ok, not great. Jon was dying over his meat kabobs though. Thanks to Whole Foods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home