music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ohhh my

I made pierogies for dinner tonight. At the yard sale, I got a pierogi/empanda/ravioli/whatever you want press for like 25 cents, so I decided to dive right in.

The dough was pretty simple to make - flour, egg, salt, water and sour cream. Boiled some potatoes, mashed them, added some sauteed onion, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, sour cream (I got fat free, fatsooo) and garlic.

Rolled out the dough with my crappy rolling pin, cut it into circles, and laid on this little contraption



.. added some filling and pressed away.



I boiled them for about 10 minutes, then sauteed up more onion. Added the pierogies, browned them a bit and then served with (more!) sour cream.

They were pretty damn good. Almost like that one place in NYC.. you know, that one place! I have lots of leftovers.. so I'll be full of carbs for the next few days.


Now it's almost 9pm and I'm not sure what to do with myself. Finish writing that review (and stop over-thinking it..)

Or call Mel and figure out what we're gonna do when I'm in Chicago.

Or nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home