music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've officially been a waste of space the entire day - except maybe bagging up 3+ bags of clothes/shoes/etc. to try to sell at Aimee's yard sale in a few weeks... I watched Synecdoche, New York and cried during the final monologue. I talked to my mama, I fell asleep in the afternoon. Blah blah blah.

It's been a busy couple of days - Saw The Thermals on Thursday and sang along and sweated with them. There was some fist pumping. Love that band.

Friday I scored a pass to the alt comedy festival from Mr. Steve Theo - complete with backstage pass. I walked by Janeane Garofalo backstage! Ahaahhaaa. She was actually quite funny - I enjoyed her set. And then I texted Loryn to reminence about our slight obsession with Reality Bites in junior high. She responded that "apparently that movie shaped my ongoing exestential crisis." True dat Loryn, true dat. Eugene Mirman and Upright Citizen's Brigade also performed.

After about 5 hours of sleep, I woke up to travel to the exotic Chelmsford, MA to hit up their annual "yard sale." I spent less than 20 bucks on a variety of goodies, including this set of fold framed mirrors, which now live on my wall.


We stopped by Haverhill on the way home and visited the Land Of Amazing Shoes - the Salvation Army.


After tiring ourselves out, we came back to the city and made sangria and gauc to bring over to Nate's BBQ. We ate, played Scattergories and Scrabble, talked, etc. etc. I played with Aimee's camera - which I love and waannnnt. The lighting was so nice comin through the windows.





I left my own camera at Nate's stupidly, so I can't post pics from the festival etc.. But once I somehow retrieve it, I will posttt.

Chicago is next week! And then I fly to Buffalo and drive to Toronto for a couple of days for work. Adventure after that: Anne Marie's lake house in June. Water, fire, boats, dirt. Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home