music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yesterday was almost solely devoted to shopping. Real girly all day shopping. Spending too much monies, buying pretty things.

First was the Randolph Street Market Festival, a pretty giant outdoor/indoor antique and indie design market.. Aka heaven.

Sooo many jewels


Totally creepy


Did not buy, but did photograph


We were there for a few hours - luckily the weather held out.

Purchases: flowery dress shell (will need something under it), bright yellow swing coat with blue trim & adorable bow, scarf, several rings, handcarved owl necklace, Green and cream cropped lace jacket, the most wonderful find ever - a tiny spectacles necklace (you can see the jacket and necklace in this lovely pic of Jackson and I)



Check out my crazy eye in this pic. I think I need glasses??


Then we headed downtown and hit up forever 21, H&M etc.




We headed home to give our feet a rest and do some karaoke


Saves the Day karaoke natch


Dinner was at Maiz, a mexican place in Puerto Rico town. Soo delicious. Handmade tortillas, giant goblets of margaritas.




We shared the quesos fundido with poblano and I got huarache with spinach and cactus.

Finally we hopped around to a couple of bars - played Connect Four at California Clipper, sat outside at Happy Vilage and finished the night at Inner Town. Ran into one of my former MDs Ryan there. I know about 2 people in Chicago. What are the odds.

Today is my last full day here. Thinking about taking the architecture boat tour and eating mad burgers at Kuma's Corner.

Also, my dear Brooke got married in Vegas on Thursday! I am sad I couldn't be there, but Emma took some pics.




She is now Brooke Black Just-Olesen. I have no idea how to pronounce that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home