music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Meet the creature parade:

Andrew Jackson:


Bird Noir


Friday morning, after having the best cinnamon donut ever at Milk & Honey, we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Many animal pics.







Mel was most excited about the birds


I think I liked the lemurs best. We missed the lion sexing, which Sean saw.. twice.




Next it was Lake Michigan appreciation time.




I put my feet in. I took a taste of the water to confirm that it was fresh. Miles and miles of sandy beaches on a giant lake? Too good to be truee.

Dinner was Lula Cafe in Logan Square. Sean had to run home to do work, so it was just Melissa and I ordering delicious foods...

shiitake quesadilla: with spinach, queso fresco, and chevre. (shared)
pasta yiayia: bucatini with moroccan cinnamon, feta, garlic, and browned butter. (me)
caesar salad: pickled red onions, croutons, and tellicherry caesar dressing. (me)
klug farm asparagus soup with jonah crab and hazelnut (mel)
hand cut pasta with ramp pesto, black kale, toasted pinenuts, and sheep's milk cheese (mel)

Everything was so delicious - I'm going to recreate the pasta I had when I return.

We hailed a cab to Big Joe's Pub for the turtle races next.. They drew tickets, and if yours was called, you were assigned a turtle. If yours won, you got a tshirt, if it came in last, you got a free drink. Our turtle was not fast or slow enough, but it was still entertaining to watch...


Defiant turtle Jollana.



After tiring of the turtles, we stopped by Sidekicks to throw down on some karaoke.

Mel sang I Want to Know What Love Is


I butchered Fernando after the dj screwed up, put on Dancing Queen and my song got highjacked by a birthday girl in a sequined shirt.


It's morning now - we're headed to a flea market (shopping shopping shoppingggg.) Precious Omar is in town today! So excited!

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Calley said...

You have way too much fun when you travel. Turtle races?? I rest my case.
I also love your one spectacle necklace. Anytime you list what you've bought, i always think "that is something I could only see Bethany buying." In a good way, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home