music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Uh

Last night was weird. Real weird. All the way through. After stuffing my face with pasta, brie and Sparks at Laura's, I hopped across the street to Great Scott to dj the sold out Plan with Drag the River, Owen and Rocky Votolato.

Drag the River was without a band, so it was a solo acoustic set. I was itchin for something to happen, but my dj set only lasted two songs before Owen was up. His set was cut short by a broken string and an odd sound system malfunction. I was back at bat. I was bored. I wanted to play songs to soothe my anxiousness.. not so fast. Suddenly GS was turned into karaoke. Journey. Fergie. I was confused and slightly annoyed. It was packed but the night was a staggering slow pace. Stephanie and Joshua from Jane were there. Heather was working her charm (working for a job.) The Blood Brothers showed up. Apparently S & J were following the band for a story. More beer was downed. Apple shots. Rocky came on.

Owen and DtR backed RV and he pulled his brother Cody onstage for a few songs. It was all over by 12:45am. Carl was up.

Heather convinced me to head to Chinatown to a loft party that we had heard about (thanks Vicki.) After lecturing our cab driver for getting us lost, we headed up to the fourth floor of 25 Edinboro.. I don't know why I was in Chinatown at 1am, but I was. There was a spread of wine and booze and warm beers. Dance music. A swing hangin from the ceiling. We stashed beers in the freezer to get them cold. We danced. I waited for someone to launch through the window from the swing. Or bust their head. Neither happened. I admired the large aloe plant. Hunter and Nate finally showed up and there was more dancing. We sat on the couch and Hunter said sweet things to me. It got late. The lights turned on and I found the hostess and thanked her for the good time.

After the party died out we grabbed some 3:30am scallion pancakes and cabbed it home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home