music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hunter located some acoustic versions of two new National tracks (I guess Pitchfork had a link to them too but blah blah blah to them,) which can be found here. Start A War had me within the first few notes. I am biting at my nails with anticipation of this record.

Also, I know I promised not to talk about S--- anymore, but I forgot to go off about The Teeth. They played Saturday night at Habana Calle and completely blew the roof off the place (which was hard, cause we were in the basement.) Park the Van gave me their new record a while back, but their was my first time seeing them live. I'm not sure if it was the exhaustion, the mojitos, or the comfort of knowing that everything would be over by the next day, but the energy in the room was completely perfect. The crowd went absolutely wild and I had an ear-to-ear grin on my face the entire set. When they finished, everyone begged for more (and they weren't even the closing band.) They're on tour with right now and will be joining up with Dr. Dog at the end of April. They hit the Middle East Upstairs on April 26th. I swear to you, if you're in the area, you do not want to miss them. Or me, losing my shit.

Oh, and Ben King in 6 weeks from today. aaaaaaaaaaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home