music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, March 05, 2007

How Many Calories are in a Cough Drop

Recently I've been testing out this thing called "not relaxing on the weekend." What I do is, make so many plans and get so wound up that I can't possibly feel refreshed come monday morning. This weekend was a stellar example.

After running home after work on Friday, I hopped on the 66 down to Harvard and walked down to the Lizard Lounge to meet up with Mike and MP. After much frazzled "omg my phone is dead, i don't want to hang out in central again, hunter is in practice still, why don't i just go home" whining, I settled in with some Anna's Taqueria's at the FoF house. We ate, pet the dog Moses and Mike called me an asshole at least once (I think this was cause I told him everything that came out of his mouth sounded like a lie.)

MP played a great set (included Carousel! Carousel! which I adore and they never play live) and I snuck out during one of the last songs to head home for the night.

Saturday I woke up early and took the bus to NYC to spend some quality time with Mel and Sean, who were in town from Seattle.


After I dropped my stuff at their hotel, we headed out with Sean's friend Helen to Brooklyn for some pizza and nice views




Anyway, since it was Sean's birthday, we went to Del Posto for dinner, which is Mario Batali's restaurant.You might remember Mario Batali from such shows as Iron Chef. Ahaha. I was expecting the world... I mean, he's the IRON CHEF.. but meh, they only halfway delivered.

ORECCHIETTE with Spicy Pancetta and Bitter Greens (I got without the pancetta)


Tiny portion! $15! WHAT?! Where's the presentation?!

You could also have lard with your bread.


After we finished up our desserts, we went to a bar called the White Horse, where I was pretty much falling asleep in my beer, so I went back to the hotel while they continued the night. I am getting old. And lame. Agh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home