music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, March 02, 2007

Have You Read Stereogum Today

Braden and I used to out-Stereogum eachother every day. He'd im me with some tidbit and hopefully I'd be able to reply with "already read it!" It went back and forth like this for a while (this is what really occurs in the music industry, not gold records) but lately, I mean really, is ANYONE reading Stereogum? I know they're not always groundbreaking, but now it sorta just seems like a snoozefest. Where's the spark? Where's the magic? Where's the "Why is Gwen Crying" contests? Are blogs just losing their edge? Am I losing my edge by having one? Should I start writing my thoughts with sparklers in the dark sky? Should I hand-stencil them on your neighborhood sidewalk?

This morning I managed to completely embarrass myself in front of the one person I'm constantly trying to impress. The sky decided to pour buckets so at 8:45am, there I was trying to tiptoe my way through puddles in my thoroughly abused cowboy (?) boots on the way to the bus. Then, right as I was about to step from the slippery ice hill onto the cleared bus stop pavement, my left foot went out from under me and there I was, left cheek, calf and boot soaked, battered and bruised. The only person around to help me up? Hunter of course! He assured me that no one else saw, but honestly, I'd rather some stranger see me fall than person I see on a regular basis. Every time we hang out he's gonna replay my awkward stumble. All respect will be washed away. He will no longer see me as the completely cool and collected girl he thought I was. Not at all. Not like before.

Last night I met up with Andrea, Heather, Michael Pace and Laura at Burkowskis for some drinks and good ol' down-home bremerton fun. Andrea's moving here in June, so she came to check out the city for a few days. After drinking a couple Side Ponytails (wtf?) we headed to Middlesex for what Bouvs calls "new rave" aka Make It New. Then it was on to The Field, which was more Andrea's speed.. I copped out early at 11:30pm, but not before Andrea told some homeless guy that her and I were married after he told us he wasn't "hitting on us for sex" and directed us to the two bus stops he usually hangs out at.

Tonight I'm gonna meet up with MP and Cirino for some foods and then head out to meet up with Andrea again.. Tomorrow I leave early for NYC to get myself some Melissa Gill and Sean! Wooooooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home