music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blog By Blogwest Day Three

Ahh I'm wiping the sleep from my eyes and thanking myself for calling it an early night last night (early=1am after several different parties and several different drinks.) Steve is rolling around on his rollaway bed saying something jaeger and too much jaeger and "why why why." Blah blah blah Steve, blah blah blah.

We spent the majority of yesterday working from our hotel and partaking in the free food/wine/wifi. We left to get dinner at Chez Nous as well as to pick up out badges.. but it was nearly 8pm by the time we left for the night. First, we met up with Justin, Dan and josh from Fanatic and went down the street to enjoy the free drinks and Wii at Purevolume (again.) Brooke figured out new uses for the Wii controller...

(photos coming)

Then it was on to Champions for their lackluster late night menu and more beers. MORE BEERS! AHHHHHHHH. And then Peachcake showed up. Steve was already at Hi-Lo with Meredith, so we all went over there for the Facebook party. Facebook makes me uncomfortable. I will die before I ever have a Facebook. Plus they have awkward young people doing sexy dances at their parties. Free jaeger and redbull and vodka though. Meh.

I lasted all of 10 minutes there before I went back and met up with Darin, who shared with me his desire to be known as someone other than "Greg's twin." He's the one starting up Dinner With The Band. Ran into The Lashes. Got tired, went back to the hotel with Brooke. She cross-stiched and we chatted until bedtime.

The real SXSW starts today. I promise it'll be more exiciting than this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home