music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Peekers



I would like to introduce you The Peekers. They're young, they're from Louisana and there's six of them. They've totally grabbed my heartstrings and tug-tug-tugged them. Where do these sorts of kids exist? Why didn't I grow up with them and play the xylophone in a pop band? My friends growing up were into The Gap or skateboarding or Bud Light. I know it was a different time then, but I still kick myself and ask why why why. I imagine The Peekers running barefoot through grassy fields and catching fireflies in glass jars at night. I used to hide MTV from my parents and spend nights driving down Silverdale Way in Tricia's Toyota.

I'm going to raise my family on a farm and only give them handmade wooden toys to play with. They'll be my untainted pop-music making machines. I will stay home and tend the field until my hands are rough with calusses. It will be perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home